- Individual and family psychotherapy – Treatment of children, adolescents, and adults for depression, anxiety, trauma, lifestyle changes and optimal performance.
- Group psychotherapy and psychoeducation – Topics cover interpersonal effectiveness, lifestyle changes, wellness, self care, therapeutic art, and therapeutic movement activities.
- Assessment – Psychosocial assessments for children and adolescents; comprehensive behavioral functional assessments for all ages; treatment plans and treatment recommendations.
- Clinical Care Coordination – Management of multidisciplinary health care professionals including social workers, nurses, neuropsychologists and activity therapists in a partial hospitalization setting.
- Private healthcare agencies – Rite of Passage Academic and Athletic Training Centers • Alliance Family Services • Koinonia Family Services • Alta Bates Medical Center • Kentfield Rehabilitation Hospital • Statewide Convalescent Hospitals.
- Public healthcare agencies – Washoe County Nevada Department of Social Services, Clinical Unit • State of Nevada, Northern Nevada Adult Mental Health Services • State of Nevada, Northern Nevada Child and Adolescent Services.
- John F Kennedy University
MA, Clinical Psychology, Sports Psychology Specialization Orinda, CA
- San Jose State University
BS, Recreation and Leisure Studies, Therapeutic Option San Jose, CA
- Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR) – Trauma recovery and optimal performance.
- Emotion Freedom Techniques (EFT) – Stress reduction, trauma recovery and optimal performance.
- Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) – Meditative stress reduction.
- Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT) – Mindfulness, interpersonal effectiveness, emotion regulation and distress tolerance.
- Motivational Interviewing (MI) – Readiness and commitment for personal lifestyle changes.
LICENSES AND AFFILIATIONS
- Nevada Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist 2003 (active)
- California Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist 1992 (active)
- Nationally Certified Therapeutic Recreation Specialist 1977-1999
- Clinical Member, EMDR International Association 2009 (active)
- Clinical Member, California Association of MFT 1990 (active)